Friday, September 14, 2012

What we know so far......

Our little spit-fire is doing good! We haven't had any episodes..... however, she has been sleeping with mom and dad since it happened and we roll over and check on her very frequently at night!
Things have been pretty normal....Colby and I had to get back to school and work since we aren't even half way through this semester so we can't take much time off!


We found this NASTY tarantula (I had to look up the spelling on that one! haha) right outside our garage! Mill thought it was pretty cool. She just held the jar and kept saying, "EEEWWWW, cucky, gross!" It was pretty funny.



Well, we went up to Primary's on Tuesday and met with the neurologist and nurse practitioner. 


She got some labs drawn.......an EKG.......
(she did so good throughout these two things...she didn't move at all during the EKG and didn't flinch when they poked her for labs- she simply looked up at me and said, "Owie" pretty calmly!

.......and an EEG.


She hadn't slept ALL day so she passed out while the EEG tech was hooking her up.....which was a great thing! They wanted her asleep for most of the test.


I got a call from the nurse practitioner on Wednesday. The EEG (brain stuff) was normal; but the EKG (heart stuff) showed an abnormality. I won't go into detail about that just yet......we go up again this next Tuesday to see a cardiologist so hopefully we can know more after that!
We had to go get another EKG at Valley View yesterday and get her hooked up to a Holter monitor. It only has to be in place for 24 hours and we only have 1 hour left. I strapped it on pretty good with some coban.....she chose red! Luckily, she has kept it in place and hasn't bugged it! We have been calling it her "heart box." I say, "Come let me check your heart box!" and she'll walk over to me and pull up her shirt and let me make sure all the leads are still in place. I almost am tempted to strap coban around my patients at the hospital that have to wear telemetry so their leads don't fall off a million times at night! 
Once we take this back to the hospital they will instantly send the readings up to Primary's for the cardiologist to read!


So, that's what has been going on around here! I'll have more to update next week-

4 comments:

Amanda and Tom said...

Holy cow! I hope everything goes well! You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Ronnie & Chelise said...

NOt sure what to think about all those cords! she's such a trooper-I can't imagine the stress on you guys. You're in our prayers. We love you all!
ps we had a blast swimming-so glad we could all make it.

Unknown said...

Wow you Guys are going through so much! You should check out my cousin in laws blog I bet you can relate to some of in now... Www.beatingepilepsy.blogspot.com. Love you cousin!!

Karalee Ann said...

Oh my gosh Megan! That is so scary! I hope everything is ok with her!