Monday, July 25, 2011

24th of July Weekend

It had been 9 YEARS since I was able to go to the Hinckley 24th of July Celebration! It had been 6 YEARS since Colby had been able to go. Why you might ask?? Every year since I graduated high school I have worked this holiday (or right around it) and during high school- every year except my freshman year I went to the Panguitch Invitationals High School Rodeo. Colby, of course, went on his mission the March after high school, so he missed those two years, and all of the 24th's after that he's been married to me- a healthcare worker who has to work holidays- and he's so nice and doesn't want to be there without me!
Just FYI- this year did not disappoint the years of anticipation! The parade was great! Millie finally learned that the stuff they throw out is candy- and she can pick it up!! She just hasn't quite figured out why she has to put it in her sack!

After the parade, while Great-Grandpa Bliss was still all done up in his parade garb and on his horse- the kids took advantage of it! Millie LOVES horses!






Oh the day was not over after the parade- oh no- we got to go visit with my family at my Great-Aunt Dorene's luncheon and Nikki cooked a fabulous (as usual) holiday meal! Then, we headed to the Hinckley Rodeo! I had been looking forward to this for quite some time- Maisa (my sister) ran barrels- my cousins McCoy and Damen Moody rode bulls- all three of them had the hometown curse and didn't do as well as they wanted! But, it was still great to watch!



And..... here are some random pics! LOVE the wrinkly feet after a long FUN bath!


Mom doesn't get much homework done because this little mess-maker think she needs to be right in the middle of all the attention! How can I resist!??

1 comment:

The Nielsons said...

Okay! That pic with grandpa on the horse needs to be blown up and framed! Precious moments!