Sunday, June 20, 2010

*Blessing Day*

A few weeks ago we were able to go to my home ward in Deseret and bless our little girl. Colby did such an amazing job on her blessing- I am so lucky to be able to have a husband who can give our family blessings!
Now the story about the dress- I am forgetful and didn't think about getting a blessing dress for her until just a couple weeks before her blessing. My mom was able to find one but then I heard her say how beautiful she thought mine and Maisa's dresses were. So I asked my mom if she would get mine out so I could see it and maybe I'd put Hayden in mine! So we had the two dresses and I could not decide which one to use- it got down to the night before and a few try-ons before we decided. I hope when she is older that she doesn't think that her mom is such a nerd for putting her in my dress. I just kind of like the sentimental value of passing it down to her!
Colby thinks she looks so grumpy in this pic but it shows the whole dress so I had to post it! (At least she's a cute grump!)






5 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Awe she is adorable. I love that you still have your dress to put her in! I think that is so perfect!

Craig and Carolyn said...

So cute! I'm sure she will love knowing she was blessed in your dress!

Jaime Cox Bassett said...

She looks so sooo BEAUTIFUL! I am so GLAD she used ur blessing dress it's GORGEOUS!!! How neat! I just loVe that lil dolly :)

Wes, Ash, Parker and Colt Dotson said...

She is so cute and your hair looks really cute! I think that is so special that she is in your dress!

Finlinson's said...

She looks adorable in that dress! What a cutie.